Tattoo Regret? We Have The Solution
- Posted on: Sep 1 2020
- Leave a response
Tattoos are something that thousands and thousands of people have. Some people love them. Other people perhaps don’t like them anymore and wish they had never done something that was permanent. The good news is now we can now do tattoo removal safely and effectively. We now have a laser called Fotona’s QX Max, which is a Q-Switched Multi-Wavelength Laser. The reason the multi-wavelength is very important is because many tattoos have several different colors. Some do, and some don’t. But if you do have a tattoo with several different colors, multi-wavelength is very powerful important because different wavelengths are required to address those different colors. The Q-Switched by Fotona has short pulses of intense light. This allows the laser to harmlessly, and that’s important because you don’t want to damage the outside skin, it harmlessly goes through the top layers of the skin and it’s selectively absorbed by the pigment that we are trying to your target.
• Although traditional removal methods such as dermabrasion or excision are still used, laser tattoo removal is an advanced treatment which is designed to remove tattoos, without leaving scars or un-pigmented areas of skin behind. It is also the most commonly used tattoo removal procedure.
• During laser tattoo removal, high energy light is used to break up the tattoo ink into tiny particles. These particles are then gradually absorbed by the skin.
• The darker the ink, the easier it is for the laser to target the ink. Your skin type and color are also factors determining which tattoo colors can be effectively treated. For example, the darker the skin, the more challenging it becomes when treating lighter colors.
• Some tattoos may be more difficult to remove than others, depending on the type of ink used and the depth of the tattoo. These factors also help determine how many treatments will be necessary.
• Laser tattoo removal may cause slight discomfort in some patients; a local anesthetic can be administered if necessary.
• Following laser tattoo removal treatment, minor side effects such as red or tender skin may occur, depending on the patient and the tattoo. However, these tend to diminish within three to seven days.
• A Fotona QX MAX Q-Switched laser tattoo removal produces amazing and satisfying results for Dr. Shel’s patients.
It also uses single nanosecond pulses, which is what it takes to really be very effective and very safe as well as targeted. The different wavelengths that I mentioned that are in this multi-wavelength procedure are used, again, for multicolored tattoos. Multiple sessions may be needed, and they’re usually spaced apart by about three to four weeks because your skin has to heal. The area has to heal before we can treat it again.
To learn more or discuss your questions or concerns, call for a free consultation appointment with Dr. Shel, today: 281-698-7435.
Posted in: Tattoo Removal