Treating skin to chemical peeling is one of the oldest cosmetic procedures in the world – In fact, it was performed in ancient Rome, Egypt, and Greece for those desiring smoother, more beautiful skin. Today, chemical facial peels are popular because they offer nearly immediate results and can be performed as an outpatient procedure.
As you age, your skin begins to show the effects of the environment, genetics and the aging process. A chemical peel is an easy, quick and effective treatment for uneven skin pigmentation, facial blemishes, acne or Chicken Pox scars, sun-damaged skin, “crow’s feet,” pre-cancerous growths and wrinkles around the mouth. It leaves your skin with a young, healthy glow!
Technically, a chemical peel is a controlled injury to the skin which causes the skin cells to separate and exfoliation to begin. A peel uses an acid solution to remove the damaged, outer layers of your skin, enhancing and smoothing your skin’s texture. An aesthetician or physician applies an acid such as salicylic, glycolic, retinoic, lactic, or TCA to your skin depending on your unique skin concerns.
We will first meet with you to consult about your expectations and the peel procedure. She will carefully evaluate your skin to determine how to provide you with the best possible results. Dr. Shel’s peel formulas and strengths are tailored to each patient and may be combined with other procedures.
- Your chemical peel will take about 15 to 30 minutes and is performed in our office.
- Four to six sessions are recommended for optimal results.
- Recovery time is zero to seven days, depending on the type of peel.
- Following the procedure, your skin will be sensitive…avoid the sun as it heals…then continue to use sunscreen every day.
- And guys, a peel is not just for women!
We look forward to consulting with you…Call for an appointment, today: 281-313-7435.