Drink From The Fountain
- Posted on: Jul 15 2016
- Leave a response
Ah, the elusive, desired, fleeting Fountain of Youth…it has been desired for generations of time. It’s true, aging affects us all. But we continue to look for ways to slow it down and avoid its effects.
Dr. Shel offers a vast array of cosmetic, aesthetic, cosmetic and surgical procedures to combat the effects of aging. But, remember, there are many things you can do to maintain a healthy, youthful glow – and drink from The Fountain.
- Limit your alcohol use. Alcohol can affect your overall health and wreak havoc on your complexion. Why? Because alcohol dilates the tiny blood vessels on the surface of your skin, increasing blood flow to that area. And alcohol stresses your liver which can make your skin appear sallow.
- Stop smoking. Smoking is harmful to your health, and the nicotine in cigarettes can also reduce elastin and collagen production in your skin, promoting a wrinkly, aged appearance. Smoking also depletes Vitamin C, essential for keeping your skin plump.
- Focus on foods with Omega-3s, the essential fatty acids that help form healthy cells which are responsible for making your skin supple and flexible. Omega-3s can be found in tuna, salmon, kale, winter squash and walnuts.
- Always wear sunscreen. Sunny days and cloudy alike, the number-one skin care essential is a good sunscreen. Choose one with an SPF of at least 30 that protects from the harmful effects of both UVA and UVB rays. Remember to apply it to your neck and hands.
- Always wear sunglasses. Wrinkles form around your eyes and on your forehead when you squint and your fragile corneas can actually burn from the reflections from water or sand.
- And, of course, don’t be afraid to seek Dr. Shel’s help (it may be the closest thing to that elusive Fountain). For example, Botox® injections are a safe and effective procedure for treating fine lines and wrinkles – and they can be done in our office during your lunch hour.
Summer is here! Call to schedule a consultation appointment with Dr. Shel, today: 281-698-7435.
Posted in: Facial Aesthetics