Integrative Therapies for Breast Health
- Posted on: Oct 5 2017
- Leave a response
Breast cancer is a difficult diagnosis to receive. We women have to attempt to remain strong, reduce stress and handle the unpleasant side effects that come with breast cancer treatment.
As we approach a time where integrative treatments and the balance between mind, body and spirit become more prevalent, the combination of integrative therapies along with other cancer treatments is becoming more widely sought out and utilized by many. Women state that the benefits of these therapies are vast and they notice significant improvements in their physical, psychological and spiritual well-being.
If you or someone you love is undergoing breast cancer treatment, here are six therapies that can greatly improve your life before, during and after to help regain vitality and positivity.
- Nutrition & Supplementation. A healthy diet can be achieved by incorporating plenty of lean organic proteins such as: fish, chicken, turkey, and nuts, along with free-radical fighting fruits and vegetables. I also recommend medical grade supplementation from an integrative physician, rather than over-the-counter supplements found at your local drug store due to absorption and regulation issues. Some of the supplements I recommend for optimal health and well-being are DIM, vitamin C, Iodine and N-Acetyl Cysteine.
- IV Nutritional Therapy: IV treatments such as the intravenous Myer’s Cocktail supply patients with high doses of essential nutrients such as vitamin C, B vitamins, B12, Magnesium, Calcium and many more. Intravenous Vitamin C infusions are also gaining favor in the realm of cancer treatments and prevention because of it’s powerful antioxidant and immune-boosting properties. IV therapy allows the nutrients to bypass the digestive system so you are able to absorb 100% of the nutrients directly into your blood stream.
- Detoxification. Cancer treatments take a toll on your body and mind and the prescription medications that that help relieve symptoms and battle the cancer cells, though necessary, can deplete your nutritional status and leave you feeling toxic. Great methods of detoxification are Far Infrared Sauna Therapy and our 14-Day Detox program. Both of these work very well together to assist you in feeling your best and detoxifying your body.
- Acupuncture. Acupuncture is becoming widely accepted as a means to relieve pain and stress, as well as manage symptoms before, during and after cancer treatment, and can help restore a healthy balance.
- Yoga & Meditation. I encourage each of my patients to incorporate a routine that includes yoga or meditation to facilitate a relaxed state of mind. There is a very strong connection between the mind and the body and I often see the overall health of the body greatly improve by first creating a healthy state of mind.
- Stress Reduction. Reducing stress is important in everyday life, but more importantly when your body is in a compromised state. Since stress can fuel chronic inflammation, I suggest that patients get their cortisol levels tested and then introduce methods for stress reduction, such as walking, yoga, deep breathing or reading. Stress-reducing nutrients, such as vitamin C, magnesium and Tranquility can also have a dramatic impact on stress levels.
Be sure to thoroughly educate yourself on integrative treatments and take time for yourself to ensure an effective treatment protocol and long-term health and happiness.
If you or a loved one are currently undergoing breast cancer treatment and are searching for integrative options, please don’t hesitate to call us today or schedule your consultation to see what your options may be.
Tagged with: breast
Posted in: Breast Cancer, Cancer Prevention, Women