Dr. Shelena Lalji
Board Certified Physician Houston
Practicing and empowering both women and men alike, Dr. Shelena C. Lalji, founder of Dr. Shel Wellness & Aesthetic Center, has served the greater Houston area for over 20 years. An honor graduate from Emory University in Atlanta GA, Dr. Shel is a board certified OB/GYN who is devoting her full-time practice to aesthetics and wellness medicine. With her thorough experience in functional medicine, aesthetics and alternative treatments, Dr. Shel believes in the strong connection between the art of beauty and the science of wellness. Dr. Shel is dedicated to empowering her patients to live up to their fullest potential. While providing Sugar Land and the greater Houston area with medical and aesthetic services, Dr. Shel Wellness & Aesthetic Center also serves as a national training facility for innovative wellness, aesthetic technology, and laser treatments.
As an advocate for wellness and a dedicated member of many charitable organizations, Dr. Shel makes it a top priority to continuously give back to the community. She is involved in several business alliance programs that fund a variety of charities throughout Houston and Ft. Bend Counties including CASA, Ft. Bend Women’s Center, Jr. Service League, Baylor Partnership Board and many others.
In addition to being a national spokesperson for wellness and aesthetics and a busy practitioner, Dr. Shel still finds time to devote herself to her two lovely children and supportive husband.
“Dr. Shel Wellness & Aesthetic Center is not only a spa; it’s the foundation for education. Our mission is not only to empower patients but to educate and plant seeds of knowledge into every person who takes part in our programs.” ~ Dr. Shel
What once began as an idea formulated into a reality. After 13 years of concentrated OB/GYN practice Dr. Shelena Lalji decided the time was ever so present to pursue her independent practice.
With passion, motivation and support of her clients and family in Spring of 2006 Dr. Shel broke away from one of the most prominent medical industries and began on the path to create a niche and fulfill the demand in Houston and surrounding communities for wellness services. Over time, Dr. Shel built her team, comprised of prominent Houston medical practitioners, patient coordinators, aesthetic specialists, nurses, and nutritionist. Growing at such a rapid pace, in June 2008 Dr. Shel and staff set out for a custom built practice space located in a pristine community. Opening the doors to the new center came with more opportunities and care for her patients.
Recognized as an international retreat, the plethora of services offered at Dr. Shel Wellness & Aesthetic Center continue to engage those who desire empowerment, wellbeing and rejuvenation. Although it all began as a dream, Dr. Shel and her well rounded staff still continue to engage, relate and provide 5 star luxury wellness and aesthetic services to all whom come through their doors.
- National trainer and speaker for medical practitioners
- Active member of the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- National speaker and trainer for Bio-Identical Hormone Therapy
- Guest & Faculty Speaker: Texas Women’s Conference / The Aesthetic Show / American Academy for Anti-Aging Medicine
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- American Society for Lasers in Medicine & Surgery
- American Academy for Anti-Aging Medicine
- American Medical Association
- Texas Medical Association
- Houston Gynecological & Obstetrical Society
- Harris County Society-Obstetricians & Gynecologists
- Int’l Society for Study of Women’s Sexual Health
- American Cancer Society
- Pin Oak Charity
- Asian American Heritage
- Women in Business
- Women in Medicine
- Child Advocates Foundation
- Fort Bend Women’s Shelter
- Aga Khan Foundation
- Child Autism Task force
- Book: I Am Woman: Our Journeys to Health, Happiness, & Harmony
- Fox News
- People Magazine
- Elite Daily
- Channel 2 News
- Channel 11 News
- Great Day Houston
- Aesthetic TV
- Latina Voices
- Wild About Houston
- Baylor Partnership Advisory Board Member
- American Cancer Society: Couture for Cure, Honorary Chair
- National Health Access Initiative, Board member
- Aga Khan Foundation U.S.A., Southwest Regional: Vice Chairperson
- Asians against Domestic Abuse, Advisory Board
- Texas Conference for Women–Host Committee
In Dr. Shel’s 16 years as physician she estimates to have treated over 30,000 patients.