Let Us Help You Keep Your Weight-Loss And Fitness Resolutions
- Posted on: Jan 2 2019
It’s the beginning of January…the time many of us resolve to feel better, eat better, do better, and live better.
If you are like millions of other Americans, becoming fit and active (and maybe losing some weight) are at the top of your new year’s resolution list. Attaining and maintaining a healthy weight can be the best way for you to love your appearance and boost your self-confidence.
Here are 5 simple tips to help you achieve your weight-loss and fitness resolutions:
- Find a fitness activity you enjoy – You will have a difficult time sticking to your workout plan if your plan is to run, but you hate running. Choose another workout (maybe cycling or yoga to name just a couple) that you can look forward to. This will make it much easier for you to fit exercise into your day, every day.
- Build a support system – Tell your friends and family about your health goals, they can be the best of cheerleaders as you commence your fitness strategies. You also may be surprised how many people will want to join you. It could turn into a group fitness journey, which helps tremendously with accountability and motivation!
- Water, water, and more water – Water has zero calories and it helps manage your appetite. Win, Win if you ask me! Your body has a difficult time distinguishing between hunger and thirst, so you may snack when all you need is a drink of water. Drinking six to eight glasses of water a day can help you avoid extra calories. Try to eliminate all sodas, sugary juices and alcohol and stick to water, milk and other healthy beverages that are low in calories.
- Substitute smart and slow – Don’t try to change everything about your diet or lifestyle at once – that’s daunting and sets you up for failure. Your body may even go into shock and leave you feeling ill. Start small. Make a few substitutions until they become a habit, then try a few more. Making just a few smart substitutions can help you reach your fitness goals and get to a healthy weight. Here are some ideas:
• Take the stairs, pack your lunch, and walk during your lunch hour.
• Snack on celery, carrots and almonds instead of chips.
• Eat fruit and oatmeal or eggs for breakfast instead of bagels or sugary cereal.
- Try Dr. Shel’s 14-day detox program to remove all of the fat holstering toxins and give your body a clean slate for weight loss. You may even notice more energy, mental clarity, and clearer skin!
Dr. Shel is committed to safely and effectively assisting you in your weight-loss and fitness goals. To learn more, schedule a complimentary consultation or call our office at (281)313-7435.