Tattoo Regret? We Have The Solution
- Posted on: Feb 15 2016
Those were the days – when you tattooed the name of your true love on your body as an emblem of your devotion – or perhaps the lure of this popular body art enticed you into getting a tat with friends on a weekend vacation. Whatever your motivation, and whether you are a man or a woman, tattoo regret can be remedied in our office using the Fotona QX MAX Q-Switched laser, the latest advancement in tattoo removal.
• Although traditional removal methods such as dermabrasion or excision are still used, laser tattoo removal is an advanced treatment which is designed to remove tattoos, without leaving scars or un-pigmented areas of skin behind. It is also the most commonly used tattoo removal procedure.
• During laser tattoo removal, high energy light is used to break up the tattoo ink into tiny particles. These particles are then gradually absorbed by the skin.
• The darker the ink, the easier it is for the laser to target the ink. Your skin type and color are also factors determining which tattoo colors can be effectively treated. For example, the darker the skin, the more challenging it becomes when treating lighter colors.
• Some tattoos may be more difficult to remove than others, depending on the type of ink used and the depth of the tattoo. These factors also help determine how many treatments will be necessary.
• Laser tattoo removal may cause slight discomfort in some patients; a local anesthetic can be administered if necessary.
• Following laser tattoo removal treatment, minor side effects such as red or tender skin may occur, depending on the patient and the tattoo. However, these tend to diminish within three to seven days.
• A Fotona QX MAX Q-Switched laser tattoo removal produces amazing and satisfying results for Dr. Shel’s patients.
To learn more or discuss your questions or concerns, call for a free consultation appointment with Dr. Shel, today: 281-698-7435.
Posted in: Tattoo Removal