10 Reasons Every Man Needs Testosterone
- Posted on: Jun 4 2018
If you’re reading this, chances are you or someone you know are experiencing “low T”, or low testosterone. In fact, 1 in 4 men over the age of 30 have low testosterone levels so while this may not be new information, it is something that deserves much more attention than it currently receives.
While most relate hormone deficiencies to women, it is very crucial that men are included in this category as low testosterone levels in men can be very frustrating and sometimes, life-altering. But how do you know if you, or someone you love, has low testosterone?
Just like women, a man’s testosterone levels decline naturally. Below are some of the most common symptoms of low testosterone:
- Inability to focus
- Weight gain
- Mood swings & irritability
- Lack of drive and motivation
- Low libido
Optimal testosterone levels in men are necessary to for more than strong muscles and sex drive. They are essential for a quality life.
10 reasons every man needs testosterone:
- Promotes heart health. Cardiovascular disease remains to be the leading killer of both men and women in this country. Optimal testosterone levels help to dilate the aorta and arteries, which lowers blood pressure and therefore, decreases the risk of developing heart disease.
- Encourages muscle development. In addition to improving your most important muscle (your heart), testosterone improves muscle mass and tone as well as strength. In addition to this, testosterone supplementation has been shown to help increase stamina and endurance as well, especially when combined with strength training.
- Improves energy levels. Because testosterone enhances your metabolic function, it also helps to improve energy levels as well.
- Enhances libido. When testosterone levels decline in men, so does their sex drive. We have treated many, many male patients for low libido with testosterone supplementation. They have reported back that their libido is not only improved, but their stamina and satisfaction are also improved after incorporating natural testosterone.
- Promotes bone health. Testosterone has a direct effect on bone health, specifically bone density, as it helps to prevent bone loss. In doing this, your bones are strengthened and therefore, less likely to chip, fracture or break.
- Encourages brain function. The inability to focus, concentrate and remember is one of the first (and usually overlooked) signs of low testosterone levels in men. Research has found that testosterone has a very positive effect on overall cognitive function, as well as memory and recall. Studies have even gone so far to show a positive result in Alzheimer’s patients who experience spacial and verbal memory loss.
- Supports healthy weight loss. When it comes to weight gain in middle-aged men, testosterone is one of the biggest culprits. Simply put, testosterone helps to decrease body fat around the waist, eliminating that “spare tire” appearance many men take on as they age. Long-term testosterone supplementation helps to reduce total waist circumference and BMI, as well as increasing weight loss and improving overall body composition.
- Improves mood and reduces stress. Because low testosterone is to blame for stress, anxiety and depression, it is clear to see how testosterone supplementation may improve all of these. Research indicates that testosterone has antidepressant-like properties, especially in men with depression. Improving your overall testosterone levels may help to improve your overall moods and decrease stress.
- Enhances sleep. Men with low testosterone levels report that they wake up frequently, snore and feel tired upon waking. Studies have shown that low testosterone in men affects overall sleep quality, which is why testosterone replacement therapy may improve total sleep in men.
- Improves overall quality of life. Because the right amount of testosterone in men promotes heart health, improves energy levels, promotes sleep, increases libido, enhances brain function and so much more, it’s easy to see how testosterone can improve your overall qualify of life and sense of wellbeing. I have had countless male patients (and their wives) report back that their bio-identical testosterone replacement therapy has improved so many different aspects of their lives, including their relationships and their careers.
Do you feel you or someone you love may suffer from low testosterone? Your overall health depends on your hormones. Don’t let another day go by leaving you feeling like you’re not yourself. Take my FREE online assessment today to see if your symptoms are caused by low testosterone levels.