Yummy Holiday Recipies: Quiche, Smoothies, & Stuffed Peppers
- Posted on: Nov 22 2019
We are super excited about this new weekly blog we started. Week 2 of recipes is here! This week we focused on a crustless, gluten and dairy free quiche perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner! Next up is a smoothie recipe which is sure to keep you full with the healthy fat of almond butter and nutrients in spinach and cherries. Lastly, stuffed peppers! Feel free to even make extra filling and freeze it to use at a later date. Be sure to use organic peppers, they are on the dirty dozen list for 2019.
Breakfast: Broccoli and Bacon Crustless Quiche
5 strips uncured bacon
5 cups broccoli
2 tbsp olive oil
5 large organic, cage free eggs
¾ cup non-dairy milk
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp black pepper
1 tbsp fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 375. Cook bacon in the oven for about 15 minutes until crispy, remove from oven and roughly chop.
- Roast broccoli in the oven with olive oil, salt, pepper for 20 minutes.
- Spray casserole dish with olive oil cooking spray. Add broccoli and bacon to the dish.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, non-dairy milk, salt, pepper, chives. Pour over broccoli mixture.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes. Allow to cool for 15 minutes before serving.
*If not following dairy free, feel free to add cheese and use organic whole milk. Also feel free to add any other vegetables as desired. I added mushrooms, red pepper, and onion!
Smoothie: Cherry Almond Smoothie
1 cup organic spinach
2 tbsp almond butter (Use the blog post from last week to make your own!)
1/3 cup frozen cherries
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth!
Dinner: Stuffed Peppers
1 ½ cups cooked quinoa (substitute cauliflower rice for a lower carb option)
6 organic bell peppers
2 tsp olive oil
¾ cup onion
1 pound ground turkey
2 cloves garlic
15 ounce can diced tomatoes
¾ cup tomato sauce
2 tsp Italian seasoning
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut tops off peppers and remove seeds.
- Cook onion in olive oil in a skillet until soft.
- Add ground turkey to skillet and cook until no longer pink. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper to skillet and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat, mix in quinoa.
- Pour ½ cup of water in baking dish. Place bell pepper in dish and fill with mixture.
- Cook covered for 30 minutes then uncover and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
We hope you are enjoying this new series of recipes! We would love to hear from you if there’s one recipe you particularly enjoyed by emailing us at [email protected]. Please feel free to email any recipe requests also. Thank you for taking the time to read our blog and stay tuned for more recipes next week. If you would like to know more about living a healthy lifestyle please go to our website at www.drshel.com or call us at 281-313-7435 and we would be happy to schedule a complimentary consultation with you.
Posted in: Healthy Recipes