Recipes Perfect for the Busy Holidays
- Posted on: Dec 9 2019
It’s already the second week of December! Time flies at this time of the year. You’re busy shopping for the holidays, decorating, and enjoying time with your family. Use these recipes below to check worrying about what to cook off your list of things to do.
Breakfast: Ham & Sweet Potato Egg Muffins
Egg muffins are a fantastic way to start your morning. They can easily be refrigerated and warmed up the next day. Perfect for grab and go!
Coconut oil for greasing
2 tbsp olive oil
2 cups diced sweet potato
1 ½ cups diced red and green peppers
½ cup diced white onion
10 oz smoked, uncured ham
¾ tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease muffin pan with coconut oil.
- Heat skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil, sweet potato, peppers, onion. Cook stirring frequently for about 8 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in ham.
- Whisk eggs with salt and peper.
- Spoon veggies into muffin pan and pour blended egg mixture on top.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes.
Condiment: Paleo Mayo and Ranch Dip
Condiments can be a challenge with all the added ingredients. Try making your own to ensure only quality ingredients make it onto your favorite foods!
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
½ cup avocado oil
1 tbsp lemon juice
½ tbsp. apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
2 egg yolks
- Combine avocado and olive oil in a measuring cup.
- Place lemon juice, vinegar, mustard, egg yolks in a blender. Blend until creamy.
- With blender still running, slowly dribble in oil. It should take about 3 minutes to get all the oil in the blended mixture. It should start to look more like mayonnaise as the oil is added.
- Feel free to pour into a bowl and whip. Enjoy!
Dinner: Pecan Crusted Chicken Breast with Cauliflower Gravy
Enjoy a gluten free breading on this chicken recipe with creamy cauliflower gravy on top. Serve with your choice of vegetables!
4 chicken breasts
1 egg white
1 cup pecans
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
1 ½ cups of broth
½ head cauliflower
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Pulse pecans in a food processor until sand like in appearance. Combine with salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Whip egg white with a fork.
- Dry chicken breasts with a paper towel. Dip in egg white, coat with pecans and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes, flip at the 15 minute mark.
- Cut cauliflower into florets. Place in a pot with broth and bring to a boil. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Pour broth and cauliflower into blender and blender for 1 minute.
- Serve chicken and top with gravy.
We hope you are enjoying this new series of recipes! We would love to hear from you if there’s one recipe you particularly enjoyed by emailing us at [email protected]. Please feel free to email any recipe requests also. Thank you for taking the time to read our blog and stay tuned for more recipes next week. If you would like to know more about living a healthy lifestyle please go to our website at www.drshel.com or call us at 281-313-7435 and we would be happy to schedule a complimentary consultation with you.
Posted in: Healthy Recipes