Nutritional Recipes Just In Time For The Holidays
- Posted on: Nov 11 2019
We are starting something new! Every week we are going to post some yummy and nutritious recipes. I mean who doesn’t like to try something new and delicious?!?! This week since we are kicking off the second week of November and the start of the holiday season, we though you would really enjoy some healthy recipe recommendations perfect for the fall season.
Pumpkin Spice Matcha Latte
This is a seasonal, dairy free alternative to coffee. Filled with good fats and the antioxidants of matcha, enjoy it on those chilly Houston mornings.
2.5 cups of hot water
1/3 cup raw cashews
2 teaspoons coconut sugar
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
½ teaspoon vanilla
2 teaspoons of matcha powder
Blend all ingredients in the blender.
DIY Almond Butter
Almond butter is a delicious, nutritious snack that you can have with brown rice cakes, organic apples or organic celery.
1 pound of organic, roasted unsalted almonds
2 tsp organic coconut oil
- Add almonds into the food processor and begin blending on high. Continue to blend, you may need to stop and break up as the almonds start to turn into butter.
- Once it begins to turn smooth, add 2 tsp of coconut oil and any other spices as desired like cinnamon, nutmeg or allspice.
- Continue to blend until at desired smoothness. Transfer into a glass container and store in the pantry.
Chili Lime Cod
Load up on those healthy Omega 3’s. Be sure to buy wild-caught cod for the most nutrient dense fish and best flavor.
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp dried parsley
½ tsp oregano
½ tsp chili powder
½ tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp cumin
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp black pepper
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
2 tbsp avocado oil
*Choose avocado oil due to its high smoke point. Olive oil should be reserved for low temperature cooking or salad dressings
1 tbsp ghee
2 cod fillets
Zest and juice of 2 limes
- Combine all spices into a bowl. Rub fish in 1 tbsp of avocado oil and coat the fish with the spices.
- Roast in the oven at 450 degrees for 10-12 minutes, fish should be flaky.
- Melt ghee and 1 tbsp of avocado oil, zest and juice both limes. Serve on top of fish.
- Add your favorite steamed or roasted vegetables as a side dish!