5 Signs You Could Be Toxic
- Posted on: Mar 19 2018
You wake up, make a cup of tea or coffee, take a shower, apply your makeup (ladies), spray on some perfume or cologne, get in your car and leave for the day. Did you know that before you leave your house every single morning you’re exposed to a minimum of 200 toxins? From the water you shower in and the coffee and/or tea you drink, to the chemicals in your perfume and personal care products and cosmetics, your body absorbs hundreds of harmful chemicals each and every day before 8am.
I don’t know about you but that number is terrifying to me.
I read this statistic not too long ago and it really hit home for me. It made me stop and think about every single thing I do: from simple things, such as burning a candle and starting my car. The amount of toxins in the air around us and in the food and drinks we consume is astounding. This is why detoxification on a daily basis is so critical to your health. If you’re not removing the toxins every single day, you’re adding to the toxic load your body is trying to fight.
Because toxicity is so common, and also very confusing at the same time, it’s important to know what the signs of toxicity are.
- Inability to lose weight. Toxins are stored in fat cells. Your liver was designed to help metabolize the fat cells that trap toxins in your body, but if it’s overloaded with toxins, or isn’t getting sufficient nutrition, your liver cannot properly burn fat or metabolize the toxins. Diet and exercise are simply not enough to lose weight if your system is bogged down with toxins. Detoxing your cells on a regular basis helps your body to metabolize fat and toxins properly, which in turn, can contribute to a healthy body weight.
- Chronic fatigue. Whether it be physical or mental fatigue, if you are suffering from what feels like pure exhaustion, chances are toxins are to blame. Think about it…if your body is jammed with toxins, you’re most likely feeling bloated and may be carrying around a few extra pounds. It’s hard to feel energized when your being weighed down, physically and mentally. Additionally, because your brain is one of the main organs to be affected by environmental toxins, it causes what you’ve most likely heard of, which is “brain fog”. When you begin to remove these toxins from your environment and your body, you can literally almost feel the “fog” lift and clearer thinking is the result.
- Skin issues. Acne, rosacea and eczema are three of the biggest skin concerns Americans face due to inflammation. Because the skin is our biggest organ, it is also the organ that absorbs the most chemicals and toxins. Lotions, cleansers, soaps, perfumes and colognes are all examples of some of the most harmful poisons that we apply directly to our skin. When you’re detoxifying your body internally, and using more natural, non-toxic personal care products on your body externally, you create a clean body from the inside out.
- Hormonal imbalance. Do you find yourself moody, stressed or anxious? Is PMS or infertility something you struggle with month after month? Do you suspect you are suffering from low testosterone, low progesterone? It is very likely that toxins are to blame. How? Because many of the plastics and chemicals that may seem to be so convenient contain ingredients known as xenoestrogens, which mimic all hormones. Removing these toxins, chemicals and poisons from our daily lives may ease hormonal imbalance and in turn, improve some of your most frustrating health concerns. To learn more about how toxins impact your hormones, read here.
- Digestive issues. Heartburn, indigestion, constipation and gas are all signs that a detox program is in need. The intestines work hard to remove the toxins from our lives every single day. Thanks to processed foods filled with chemicals, pesticides and preservatives, our intestines are not able to function properly, therefore, causing our body to store all of these toxins and in turn, negatively affect our bodies.
My solutions to removing toxins from your everyday life and in turn, feeling good again:
- Support your liver daily with the mother of all antioxidants, glutathione.
- Drink more water – it helps to flush toxins out of the body.
- Exercise – sweating removes toxins.
- Practice deep breathing as many of the toxins we absorb can be excreted through our lungs.
- Invest in far infrared therapy
- Switch to all natural products that are free from fragrances, sulfates, parabens, phthalates and any other harmful or toxic ingredients.
- Always go organic when possible
If you feel you may be suffering from toxicity, I strongly encourage you to start a safe and effective nutritional detoxification program today. My 14-Day Detox Kit was specifically designed to help guide you through a detox program, step by step, so that you can begin feeling more vibrant and balanced than ever before. This all-inclusive kit includes all of the proper supplements and instructions to guide you through a 2-week liver cleanse so that you can finally lift the brain fog, feel more energy, lose a few pounds and begin feeling like a better version of yourself.
PS-Would you like to receive health articles and information directly to your inbox? Subscribe to my newsletter today & get a complimentary copy of my e-book, Get Your Life Back By Balancing Hormones. Click here to subscribe today.
Posted in: Detoxification Therapy