6 Ways to Detox This Summer
- Posted on: Jul 30 2018
Summertime is in full swing, which means most of us are out of our regular routine when it comes to eating, sleeping, exercising and more. Because of this, you may be feeling a little more sluggish, tired, bloated and overall just not yourself. Chances are, you’ve probably over-indulged a little, and that’s okay! That’s what summertime and vacations are all about. The good news is that there are ways you can help get back on the right track to a healthy and balanced lifestyle.
By incorporating simple, daily methods of detoxication throughout your daily routine will help you to remove harmful chemicals and toxins from your body, which are caused by the foods we eat, the water we drink and even the air we breathe.
Below are my top 6 tips for detoxing this summer:
- Stock up on hydrating foods. There are certain fruits and vegetables that have a high water content, which means they not only provide you with lots of fiber and keep you satisfied throughout the day, but more importantly they help keep your body hydrated. Watermelon, cucumbers, cantaloupe, lettuce and citrus fruits are all very hydrating. As if this isn’t enough, because these fruits and vegetables are so rich in vitamins, antioxidants and water, they help improve your skin tone and keep it healthy and glowing. Be sure to add these to your diet everyday to keep your body hydrated, your cravings satisfied and to ensure you’re getting enough fiber.
- Make sure you’re getting enough rest. Getting enough rest at night means your body has time to re-charge. When you have a full night’s rest, you wake up feeling refreshed, renewed, rejuvenated and ready to make good choices when it comes to your diet. The combination of good sleep, good diet decisions and the positive effects both have on your body will help you feel good in your own skin, too.
- Avoid gluten. Carbohydrates and gluten plump up your belly, causing you to feel bloated and uncomfortable. Stick to a diet that is high in lean protein, healthy fats (hello, avocados!) and low-sugar fruits and vegetables. When you fuel your body with nutrition that works for you, not against you, your body is able to better process toxins and fat, leaving you looking and feeling good.
- Add probiotics. A healthy gut is the key to a healthy life and it all begins with a high-quality probiotic. When your gut is in tip top shape, and you’re experiencing regular bowel movements on a daily basis, not only is bloating decreased significantly, but this is your body’s way of removing harmful toxins from your body.
- Up your omega-3s. Omega-3s are naturally anti-inflammatory, which help reduce total inflammation throughout your entire body. Not only this, but because omega-3s boost your heart and brain health, improving your mood, they also have a way of helping you make better decisions when it comes to healthy eating. Be sure you are taking a pure, pharmaceutical-grade omega-3 to ensure you are absorbing the best form of essential fatty acids, without the harmful lead and mercury that is found in lower quality fish oil supplements.
- Make it fun. Water can be boring…I get it! But it doesn’t have to be! Infuse your H20 by adding your favorite fruit to your water to make it exciting again. My favorite combination is mint and cucumber, or even a few slices of lemon. Watermelon or oranges are also excellent fruits to add to water to help make drinking water a little less bland.
We’re more than halfway through summer, which means back-to-school and back to our normal routine are both on the horizon. My 14-Day Detox Program is a simple, straightforward and all-inclusive nutritional detox program that helps to pull harmful toxins from your body so that you can look and feel your best.
What one technique will you try today to detox your body today? Let us know in the comments below!
Posted in: Detoxification Therapy