Board Certified Physician Houston
Practicing and empowering both women and men alike, Dr. Shelena C. Lalji, founder of Dr.Shel Wellness & Medical Spa, has served the greater Houston area for over 13 years. An honor graduate from Emory University in Atlanta GA, Dr. Shel is a board certified physician who is devoting her full-time practice to aesthetics and wellness medicine. With her thorough experience in medicine, aesthetics and alternative treatments, Dr. Shel believes in the strong connection between the art of beauty and the science of wellness. Dr. Shel is dedicated to empowering her patients to live up to their fullest potential. While providing Sugar Land and the greater Houston area with medical spa services, Dr. Shel Wellness & Medical Spa also serves as a national training facility for innovative wellness, aesthetic technology, and laser treatments.
As an advocate for wellness and a dedicated member of many charitable organizations, Dr. Shel makes it a top priority to continuously give back to the community. She is involved in several business alliance programs that fund a variety of charities throughout Houston and Ft. Bend County including CASA, Ft.Bend Women’s Center, Jr. Service League and many others.
In addition to being a national spokesperson for wellness and aesthetics and a busy practitioner, Dr. Shel still finds time to devote herself to her two lovely children and supportive husband.
“Dr. Shel Wellness & Medical Spa is not only a spa; it’s the foundation for education. Our mission is not only to empower patients but to educate and plant seeds of knowledge into every person who takes part in our programs.” -Dr. Shel
What once began as an idea formulated into a reality. After 13 years of concentrated OB/GYN practice Dr. Shelena Lalji decided the time was ever so present to pursue her independent practice.
With passion, motivation and support of her clients and family in Spring 2006 Dr. Shel broke away from one of the most prominent medical industries and began on the path to create a niche; and fulfill the demand in Houston and surrounding communities for wellness services. Building a steady clientele wasn’t stringent for Dr. Shel, with her notoriety and presence throughout Texas, providing a grand variety of services came easy.
Over time, Dr. Shel built her team, comprised of prominent Houston aestheticians, nutritionist, medical advisers and medical physicians. Growing at such a rapid pace in June 2008 Dr. Shel and staff set out for a custom built practice space located in a pristine community. Opening the doors to the new spa came with more opportunities and growth.
Recognized as an international retreat the plethora of services offered at Dr. Shel Wellness & Medical Spa continues to engage those who desire empowerment and rejuvenation. Although it all began as a dream, Dr. Shel and her well rounded staff still continue to engage, relate and provide 5 star luxury medical spa services to all whom come through their doors.
- National trainer and speaker for Cutera© Laser systems
- National trainer and speaker for Allergan Cosmetics© (Botox and Juvederm)
- Active member of the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- National speaker for Bio-Identical Hormone Therapy
- Guest Speaker: Texas Womens Conference : 2006
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- American Society for Lasers in Medicine & Surgery
- American Academy for Anti-Aging Medicine
- American Medical Association
- Texas Medical Association
- Houston Gynecological & Obstetrical Society
- Harris County Society-Obstetricians & Gynecologists
- Int’l Society for Study of Women’s Sexual Health
- American Cancer Society
- CASA Foundation
- Fort Bend Womens Shelter
- Aga Khan Foundation
- Child Autism Task force
- Currently authoring two books on health and wellness
- KHOU/Great Day Houston: Dr. Shel’s Top 10 Secrets To Ageless Beauty- Jan 2010
- KHOU/Great Day Houston: Medical Monday “How BHRT Can Change Your Life”- Dec 2009
- KTBU/Wild About Houston: Loose 20-30lbs in 30days– Feb 2009
- KHOU/ Great Day Houston: Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement – July 2009
- KHOU/ Great Day Houston: Pearl & Pearl Fractional Laser Treatments – June 2009
- KHOU/ Great Day Houston: Wellness for Couples – Feb 2009
- KHOU/ Great Day Houston: Noninvasive Laser Technology – Dec 2008
- KHOU/ Great Day Houston: Personalized Medical Weight Loss Program – Nov 2008
- KTBU/Wild About Houston: Food Allergy Testing/Healthy Eating program – Sept 2008
- KTBU: Sun damage – Prevention and treatment – April 2008
- KTBU: Nutrition and Healthy Living – Sept 2007
- NBC Morning News Interview: Aga Khan Foundation – June 2007
- NBC Morning News Interview: 3-D Laser Skin Rejuvenation – May 2007
- NBC Morning News Interview: Bio-identical Hormone Replacement & Nutrition
- NBC Morning News Interview: Laser Skin Tightening & Laser Vein Removal
- KTBU: Bio-identical Hormones – Sept 2006
- American Cancer Society: Couture for Cure, Honorary Chair 10/09
- National Health Access Initiative, Board member
- Aga Khan Foundation U.S.A., Southwest Regional: Vice Chairperson –2006/07
- Asians against Domestic Abuse, Advisory Board
- Texas Conference for Women–Host Committee 2008 & 2009
In Dr. Shel’s 16 years as physician she estimates to have treated over 30,000 patients.